Terms and conditions: Retiready Pension transfer - cashback offer
Updated 13 September 2016
These terms apply to the offer of receiving cashback when you invest or transfer retirement savings of £5,000 or more into a Retiready Pension. By agreeing to this offer you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The promoter is Aegon UK plc, Edinburgh Park, Edinburgh EH12 9SE (‘Aegon UK’).
- This offer is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, including employees of the Aegon UK group of companies and their immediate family members.
- To be eligible to receive the cashback offer:
- In the case of transfers from another pension, you must complete the online application on the Retiready website between 12:00 hours on 23 March 2016 and 12:00 hours on 28 October 2016 to transfer retirement savings worth £5,000 or more into a Retiready Pension;
- In the case of investments, you must complete the online application on the Retiready website between 12:00 hours on 23 March 2016 and 12:00 hours on 28 October 2016 to invest retirement savings worth £5,000 or more into a Retiready Pension and the investment funds must be received into your Retiready Pension by 12:00 hours on 28 October 2016:
- You must input your bank account details to your Retiready account;
- The investment or transfer value received into a Retiready Pension must be £5,000 or more; and
- Your investment or transfer value must remain in your Retiready Pension for a period of at least 12 months following completion of your investment or transfer.
- The amount of cashback payable is subject to the value invested or transferred into a Retiready Pension, as follows:
Investment / Transfer valueCash back value
£5000 - £19,999 £20 £20,000 - £49,999 £75 £50,000 - £99,999 £100 £100,000 - £124,999 £250 £125,000 or more £500
- Transfers from an existing Aegon/Scottish Equitable plc policy will not count towards the threshold.
- This offer excludes assets currently held in a Retiready Pension that are transferred to another provider and then moved back to a Retiready Pension.
- You can make an application to transfer or invest into a Retiready Pension online at retiready.co.uk
- Applications to Retiready can be made from the following types of pensions: Personal Pension (Group, individual and self-invested), Stakeholder (Group and individual) and Money purchase occupational pension scheme (unless you have a fixed or guaranteed benefit). Retiready cannot accept transfers from defined benefit pension schemes (often called 'final salary' pension schemes).
- Retiready is for customers who are comfortable making their own investment decisions without advice. If you would prefer advice, please speak to a financial adviser. Transferring or investing into Retiready may not be the best option for you, you should compare the benefits from your current pension with the estimated benefits of your new pension, including any guarantees and penalties.
- The terms that will apply to your Retiready Pension can be found at retiready.co.uk
- Only one cashback payment will be made per applicant.
- Payment of the cashback amount will be by BACS payment into your bank account, 12 months after completion of your pension investment or transfer, subject to your investment or transfer value remaining in your Retiready Pension during this period.
- Aegon UK won't be liable if the cashback doesn't reach you for any reason outside the control of Aegon UK.
- Aegon UK can't accept any liability (other than for liabilities that can't as a matter of law, be excluded) for any damage, loss, costs, expenses or disappointment, whether direct, indirect, caused to, or suffered in connection with this promotion.
- This offer must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no alternatives. Aegon UK reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any stage, or change any of the rules or procedures if it deems this necessary, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- This offer applies to Retiready Pension customers only. This offer is not applicable to workplace customers who have an ARC SIPP through their employer.
- This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer from the Aegon UK group.