Can I pay more money into my workplace pension?
Updated 26 February 2019
You can pay money into your plan and change your regular contributions at any time, within certain limits set by the government.
If you want to change your regular contributions, speak to your employer and they’ll update their payroll for you. If you're paying your contributions as a percentage of your salary, this will automatically increase in line with that.
If you’ve left your employer, you can continue to make contributions to your Aegon pension. All you need to do is complete a Direct Debit Instruction and send it to us.
How to pay a single contribution
- If you’re not already signed in, sign into your Retiready account.
- Go to the 'Savings' tab.
- Choose the pension you want to make the single contribution into, from the list on the left hand side.
- Select ‘One-off contribution’.
- This will take you to ARC, our separate transactional tool.
(You may have to set-up functionality called single sign-on, but you’ll only need to do this once and we’ll provide you with instructions on how to do this when you select the ‘One-off contribution’ option).
- Once in ARC, from the homepage select 'uncrystallised pension'.
- Select 'Top up' from the left-hand menu.
- Complete the journey.
You should read Your guide to Aegon Retirement Choices alongside this article for more information on how to use ARC.
This is a guide on how to pay more money in. It doesn’t aim to give you advice on whether this is suitable for you. If you’re unsure you should speak to a financial adviser about your options. As with all investments there are risks associated with investing and the value may fall as well as rise and isn’t guaranteed. You could get back less than originally invested.