I've been told my existing Aegon plan fund value is staying where it is
Updated 16 May 2016
I’ve received a letter that says my existing fund value will remain
as is, why can’t you transfer this into my ARC account?
We’ve compared the terms of your existing plan with the terms of your ARC account and based on the information we know, your policy has some features / benefits which you might view as valuable. As a result you should consider whether moving your existing fund value into your new ARC account is the right thing for you.
There are a number of reasons why we may not have been able to make you an offer to transfer, it may be for one or more of the following reasons:
- Your charges will be more - we believe the total annual plan charge you’ll pay will be more if you transfer your existing fund value to your ARC account and invest the transfer payment in exactly the same investment fund(s) as you’re currently invested in under your existing plan.
- Your investment fund is not available on ARC - one or more of the investment funds you’re invested in, in your existing plan, may not be available on ARC.
- You have protected benefits - such as a protected tax free cash limit or a protected early minimum retirement age. Transferring may mean you lose this protection.
- You’re living abroad.
- Your retirement age for your existing plan differs from that on your new ARC account.
- You’ve passed your scheme’s retirement age.
- You have a legal order on your plan – for example pensions sharing order or earmarking order following a divorce, or a bankruptcy order.
Although we can’t make you an offer to transfer you can still choose to transfer, but you should speak to a financial adviser about this.
There are a number of reasons why we may not be making you an offer to transfer, even though your charges may be less on ARC:
- one or more of the investment funds you’re invested in, in your existing plan, may not be available on ARC.
- If you have protected benefits such as a protected tax free cash limit or a protected early minimum retirement age
- You’re living abroad
- Your retirement age on your existing plan differs from that on ARC
- You’ve passed your scheme’s retirement age
- You have a legal order on your existing plan – such as pensions sharing order if you’re going through a divorce or a bankruptcy order
Although we can’t make you an offer to transfer you can still choose to transfer, you should speak to a financial adviser about this.
We don’t know your personal circumstances and what’s important to you, therefore you and your adviser should consider whether moving your existing fund value into your new ARC account is the right thing for you.
Why did my colleague’s letter differ – and you are moving their
existing fund value into their ARC plan?
We were able to make an offer of transfer to some of your colleagues.
We reviewed each policy, it's features, investment and charges and based on that review we may or may not have been able to offer a transfer.
If we haven't been able to make you an offer to automatically transfer your existing fund value, you could still choose to transfer with the help of a financial adviser.
Yes. If you leave your existing plan where it is you can pay single one-off contributions or set-up regular payments by setting up a Direct Debit instruction.
If I have two plans, and I want to make a change such as switch
investments or update my personal details, will my other plan
be automatically updated?
No, these will be held as two separate plans, therefore you’ll need to manage them separately.
For managing your account online, such as changing your investment, you can log in to your online services:
- For your new ARC account log in to Retiready to manage your account.
- For your existing plan log in to our online services.
If you want to contact us about taking an income or want to speak to us about any of your plans you should contact us on:
- For you new ARC account - 0345 608 1680 (select the workplace savings option)
- For your existing ‘old’ plan – 03456 10 00 10 (have your plan number ready)
If you let us know, when you contact us you have another plan with Aegon we’ll be able to transfer you to the correct team, your call will be picked up without joining any call queues, and your query will be dealt with in one call.