Stopping support for Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10
Updated 27 October 2016
After 1st May 2016, Retiready no longer supports Internet Explorer version 8 (IE8), 9 (IE9), or 10 (IE10).
Why are we no longer supporting IE8, 9, and 10?
- IE versions 8, 9 and 10 suffer from a number of security vulnerabilities. As part of our commitment to online security we have decided to end support for less-secure browsers.
- IE8 is not HTML 5 compatible. By focusing on more modern browsers we can make future Retiready features even better.
- We know most of our customers are moving to newer browsers. Ending support for IE versions 8, 9 and 10, means we can focus on developing features and testing them in browsers that the majority of our customers use.
- Microsoft is phasing out support for these versions of the browser.
I use IE8, 9, or 10, what does this mean for me?
- Performance issues and bugs that only appear in IE8, 9, or 10 will no longer be investigated and fixed.
- New Retiready features which we'll introduce in future may not function correctly.
- We will continue to support later versions of Internet Explorer (11) as well as other popular browsers. See which browsers we support for more information.