How do I transfer into my workplace pension?
Updated 04 October 2016
Combining your existing pension pots is one way of helping you keep track of your retirement savings. It will cut down on paperwork and could save you money as you may currently be paying multiple fees and charges.
However, transferring might not always be the best thing for you. Before you transfer, there are some important things to think about. Watch our consolidation film, to find out more.
If you decide this is the right option for you, you can transfer your other pension savings into your workplace pension online.
As with all investments the value may go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount originally invested.
How to transfer into your workplace pension:
- Log into your Retiready account.
- Select 'savings' from the top menu bar.
- Select the pension you want to transfer your money into on your account summary page.
- Click on 'transfer in'.
- Confirm that you've read through the important. information and click 'continue with transfer'.
- Complete the details on the next page and click 'transfer'.
- We'll confirm some details with you - if they're all OK, click the confirmation check box and 'continue'.
- That's you done your transfer request - our team will be in touch if they need anything else from you.
Please remember we can’t give you advice. If you’re not sure if transferring is right for you, you should contact a financial adviser. If you don’t already have one, you can find one in your area at unbiased.co.uk